Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lessons Learned

The title of this post mean many things. As everyone knows, when you are out of your comfort one, you're faced with many obstacles. I know this may sound crazy, but before my stay with Jeffrey, I had to do some mental preparation. No, I'm not crazy, I just had to prepare myself that things weren't going to be easy and I'd have to make do. Here are a few things that are not so obviously different:

1.) You shower in 15 min or less, or else you have no hot water.
2.) You aren't cooking in your kitchen at home :) More info on this!
3.) The things you wash in the washing machine aren't what you'd normally put together
4.) Items are in different locations in the grocery store, and different isles at Wal-Mart. This can be really frustrating, trust me!

Now, you are probably thinking to yourself. Duh Jamie, this is what you get when you move away. But, I'm not complaining, PROMISE! Being out of your element brings many things to light. I have realized that maybe I need to adapt to the ways of the people/society that I encounter, instead of ridiculing them for not seeing other ways. So, with all of that in mind. I've decided to take new approaches to daily life. Step 1-left overs for dinner. Why you ask? Because yesterday I learned that in order to have a yummy, tasty roast, it has to be cooked for a long time! Not just 3 hours like the pork tenderloin J cooked on Sunday!

I saw a quote that really hit home and it said "Not all who wander are lost''- Unknown. I'm discovering more about life everyday!


I really don't have anything incredibly exciting to share. This weekend was a very pleasant one :) Just normal things happened. Weston's girlfriend, Ariel, and I went to the laundry mat on Saturday. Fancy machines! I didn't know how to operate them! Lol! We had steaks and salad for dinner. Sunday was relaxing. We had a visit from Aaron and James. They were passing through, headed back to PA.

I've realized I should have captured more of the small moments with my camera to share. Learn something new everyday! Hope you have a great one! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment