Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating Independence Day!

July 4, 2012

Today was a day of rest for Jeffrey. He slept in late and enjoyed the relaxing day! Jeffrey helped Weston get his camper set up and ready and I washed his sheets!! The washer and dryer we have in the camper is pretty handy. Jeffrey had it arranged that his 4 wheeler be brought up here from PA. A few of his friends from up there brought it down. They were visiting a friend down here anyway, so it was convenient for them to stop on by. We enjoyed time with them and then we headed to Wheeling, WV to Cabela's! I would never admit this to Jeffrey or any other avid Cabela's lover.... but, BassPro is very similar! Except for the Deer Room! J was so excited to show me this room. He ensured that when I saw it, I'd poop my pants! LOL. Well, I was thrilled and excited to see it, but I wasn't that shocked! :)

Jeffrey outside Cabela's

Jamie outside Cabela's

We are entering "Whitetail World"!!

Inside Whitetail World, were state and world record deer. Jeffrey and I decided that the racks on the deer were probably molded and recreated. Regardless of how they were presented, it was a beautiful sight to see! This is what makes it "better" than BassPro! The deer pictured was a West Virgina record deer!
Lining both sides of the wall, were the Trophy Deer. These were enormous deer! Incredible stories about the hunters were listed below. The  deer J was reading about was a deer that was shot on Halloween in the 60's. I learned that there are 2 types of antlers: Typical (all antlers pointing up) and Non-Typical (antlers point up and some pointing down).

Me infront of one amazing exhibit!

Every good day ends with a tasty dinner! Instead of waiting at Cheddar's I suggested Sushi at a local Japanese Steakhouse! Sushi isn't my thing, but I do enjoy some fried rice and Hibachi Chicken. I'm not going into detail about dinner. I didn't order the right thing and well, I wasn't happy. I behaved myself and thankfully Jeffrey had his meal complete before I got mine :) Here are a few pics of J and his yummy dinner :)


Patiently waiting!!! Chop sticks in hand!!! He says the chopsticks make him eat slower :) He's the sweetest thing, EVER!


 Beautiful food! Very colorful!
He got a flower! Not, it's just a raddish!

No comments:

Post a Comment